About This Quote
Healing is a process and not a product. When we seek medical help, we expect to be treated with a specific treatment. However, the healer has to be trained to use that specific treatment. A medical doctor can prescribe medicine that will heal your body, but it may not be the best treatment. Similarly, popular self-help books offer advice on how to cope with depression and anxiety disorders; however, the advice they give often does not fit every person’s needs.
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
More Quotes By Sharon Salzberg
- You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection
- You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere. You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and...
- If you’re reading these words, perhaps it’s because something has kicked open the door for you, and you’re ready to embrace change. It isn’t enough to appreciate change from afar, or only in the abstract, or as something that can happen to other people but...
- Smiling at someone can have significant health consequences.
- Seeking happiness is not the problem. The problem is that we often do not know where and how to find genuine happiness and so make the mistakes that cause suffering for ourselves & others.