Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish–a product of the demented imagination of a lazy drunken hillbilly with a heart full of hate who has found a way to live out where the real winds blow–to sleep late, have fun, get wild, drink whisky, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love and not getting arrested . Res ipsa loquitur. Let the good times roll.Hunter S. Thompson
About This Quote
Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberishâ€”a product of the demented imagination of a lazy drunken hillbilly with a heart full of hate who has found a way to live out where the real winds blowâ€”to sleep late, have fun, get wild, drink whisky, and drive fast on empty streets with nothing in mind except falling in love and not getting arrested. If that’s the case, then what are we doing here? It only makes sense that at that exact moment when you are drunk or stoned or dead drunk but still alive, you are having the greatest time of your life. Maybe there is no Heaven because there is no Hell.
Some Similar Quotes
- If you spend your time hoping someone will suffer the consequences for what they did to your heart, then you're allowing them to hurt you a second time in your mind.
- Being vegan is easy. Are there social pressures that encourage you to continue to eat, wear, and use animal products? Of course there are. But in a patriarchal, racist, homophobic, and ableist society, there are social pressures to participate and engage in sexism, racism, homophobia,...
- Ethical veganism results in a profound revolution within the individual; a complete rejection of the paradigm of oppression and violence that she has been taught from childhood to accept as the natural order. It changes her life and the lives of those with whom she...
- We do not need to eat animals, wear animals, or use animals for entertainment purposes, and our only defense of these uses is our pleasure, amusement, and convenience.
- As my sufferings mounted I soon realized that there were two ways in which I could respond to my situation -- either to react with bitterness or seek to transform the suffering into a creative force. I decided to follow the latter course.
More Quotes By Hunter S. Thompson
- One is never wounded by the love one gives, only by the love one expects.
- The slope contains many wonders not found at the summit.
- Philosophers console themselves with explanations.
- The search for first causes is the ultimate wild goose chase.
- When you separate thought from life, you get philosophy.