The most important relationship in your life should be your relationship with yourself.
About This Quote
The most important relationship in your life should be your relationship with yourself. This quote is one of the many profound sayings of Buddha. The idea behind it is that you cannot have a good relationship with others until you have a good relationship with yourself. You can never truly love someone else if you do not know how to love yourself.
It is only when you learn to love yourself that you can truly let others into your heart. Loving someone else does not mean that you do not love yourself, but rather that you love yourself more. The way to do this is to start by loving yourself first, because if you do not, then neither will anyone else.
Some Similar Quotes
- More smiling, less worrying. More compassion, less judgment. More blessed, less stressed. More love, less hate.
- Be the reason someone smiles. Be the reason someone feels loved and believes in the goodness in people.
- Do what you love, love what you do, and with all your heart give yourself to it.
- Even if you cannot change all the people around you, you can change the people you choose to be around. Life is too short to waste your time on people who don’t respect, appreciate, and value you. Spend your life with people who make you...
- Each day brings new opportunities, allowing you to constantly live with love–be there for others–bring a little light into someone's day. Be grateful and live each day to the fullest.
More Quotes By Mensah Oteh
- Face the truth or the truth will face you!
- Challenging the truth is like playing tennis against the wall! The defeat is inevitable!
- The whispering of the truth is stronger than the thunderstorm of the untruth!
- With faith, you may get stuck in a very big lie and may lose the truth forever; but with doubt, you can always reach the truth!
- Max Lucado says that ‘A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the crowd.’ That is true and a man who wants to find out the truth must also do the same thing!