About This Quote
When you are born, you are given a certain amount of energy, intelligence, and personality. You figure out what to do with all that you’ve been given, and over the course of your life, you make up who you are. But at some point later in life, when there’s little more you can learn living your life, you realize that the only thing that really matters is who you are right now. The accumulated wisdom and experience that you’ve gained throughout your journey is like an extra coat that you’ve put on after leaving the hospital; it doesn’t change who you were when you got there.
Source: Happy Birthday To You!
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like...
- When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.
- Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears." After all this time?"" Always, " said Snape.
More Quotes By Dr. Seuss
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
- Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
- Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.
- They say I'm old-fashioned, and live in the past, but sometimes I think progress progresses too fast!