About This Quote
In this quote Wallace is saying that the gods of the world are so desperate to have people who want to be near them that they will give them any power they have. At the moment, Wallace must have been in a good place emotionally and he was also physically fit and able to write and do many other things. He was able to live on his own and not depend on anyone else.
Source: Coinman: An Untold Conspiracy
Some Similar Quotes
- Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there. When the soul lies down in that grassthe world is too full to talk about.
- I think... if it is true that there are as many minds as there are heads, then there are as many kinds of love as there are hearts.
- What Is Love? I have met in the streets a very poor young man who was in love. His hat was old, his coat worn, the water passed through his shoes and the stars through his soul
- Do you think, because I am poor, obscure, plain and little, I am soulless and heartless? You think wrong! - I have as much soul as you, - and full as much heart! And if God had gifted me with some beauty and much wealth,...
- Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.
More Quotes By Pawan Mishra
- There are things in life that science will never be able to see. We have to rely on what has been passed from our ancestors, generation to generation.
- Availability of knowledge is only next to prevalence of stupidity in its overwhelming abundance.
- Knowledge that can make miracles happen needs to be guarded carefully. If it falls into the wrong hands, miracles become disasters in no time.
- ..he had also acquired a peculiar academic quirk. During exams, he knew all the answers but wasn’t able to successfully map his answers to the right questions. So as soon as an exam started, he simply started putting his answers in the order in which...
- It was a time when a degree was expected but not much respected.