Naturally, people – especially in America – live in the moment and, given the “crisis” orientation of cable news, think that [the 2000s are] the worst period the country has ever gone through. Not really.
About This Quote
A lot of the people who are alive right now are experiencing the most amazing times in human history. Our standard of living is unprecedented. We have colonized the solar system. We have the means to travel anywhere in the world within minutes.
We have the internet, which is bringing us together all over the world. The fact that people are so focused on the past tells us something about how they live their lives today. As long as this is how they live, they will continue to think that everything is bad.
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- I have seen the best of you, and the worst of you, and I choose both.
- But you don’t have to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.”“ You don’t have to assume the worst about everyone, either. The world isn’t always out to get you.
- I can arrogantly brag that the doors I choose in life open wide and grant me unobstructed passage. But the widest doors tend to lead to the worst places.
- And worse I may be yet: the worst is not So long as we can say 'This is the worst.