About This Quote
In The Alchemist, Paulo Coelho writes, “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.” We all have moments in our lives when we have done something wrong – maybe we’ve stolen a pencil or lied to a friend – and afterward feel guilty. Or maybe we’ve done something that seemed good at the time – maybe we got a speeding ticket or took out a loan we couldn’t afford – and later regret it. But it doesn’t matter if your mistake was small or large; it doesn’t matter if you thought you were doing the right thing. Mistakes weigh us down and make us miserable. The trick is not to dwell on them; to learn from them; and then to move on.
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- If he can't handle you at your worst then he does not deserve you at your best. Real love means seeing beyond the words spoken out of pain, and instead seeing a person's soul.
- Maybe you expected marriage to be perfect - I guess that's where you and I are different. See, I thought it would be all about making mistakes, but doing it with someone who's there to remind you what you learned along the way.
- True friends will always push you towards the great possibilities of your future, false friends will always chain you to the mistakes in your past.
- I know I'm not going to be in your head all the time. But once you know me, I'll be forever in your heart.Â
More Quotes By Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- To some believers, being on the pill or using a condom is a nonverbal way of telling God to go to hell.
- It goes without saying that even those of us who are going to hell will get eternal life–if that territory really exists outside religious books and the minds of believers, that is. Having said that, given the choice, instead of being grilled until hell freezes...
- Among other possibilities, money was invented to make it possible for a foolish man to control wise men; a weak man, strong men; a child, old men; an ignorant man, knowledgeable men; and for a dwarf to control giants.
- Being rich or famous is the only profound thing that some people have ever said.
- For a sane person to sincerely be happy that someone has succeeded, they have to either be profiting or likely to profit from that person’s success, or be that person.