About This Quote
When someone doesn't need a shoulder, they don't need the arms to be attached. When someone doesn't need the arms, they don't need to be attached to the shoulder. It's not about what you need, but what you want.
Source: The Perks Of Being A Wallflower
Some Similar Quotes
- Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for...
- As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.
- I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you,...
- Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.
- There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.
More Quotes By Stephen Chbosky
- We accept the love we think we deserve.
- I would die for you. But I won't live for you.
- What about when someone doesn't need a shoulder? What if they need the arms?
- I don't want to be somebody's crush. If somebody likes me, I want them to like the real me, not what they think I am.
- Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn't stop for anybody.