A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.
About This Quote
A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous. This quote is one of the most famous made by the author Mark Twain. In this quote, he is describing what a kiss can do to someone who is not able to express his feelings with words. A kiss can be used as a form of communication between lovers and can help them share their bond.
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
More Quotes By Ingrid Bergman
- A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.
- Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
- Happiness is good health and a bad memory.
- I said, "I don't think I can give you that kind of emotion." And he [Hitchcock] sat there and said, "Ingrid, fake it! " Well, that was the best advice I've had in my whole life, because in all the years to come there were...
- I won't do this movie because I don't believe the love story, " she told Selznick. "The heroine is an intellectual woman, and an intellectual woman simply can't fall in love so deeply.