About This Quote
When you love someone, you want them to feel the same way about you. Of course, if they don’t feel the same way, it’s hard to know whether or not that person is truly in love with you. Love is an important feeling, but it’s not always easy to see what’s happening beneath the surface of a person. This quote, however, makes it very clear that love isn’t just an emotion. It’s something that happens when you don’t expect anything back in return.
Some Similar Quotes
- Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for...
- As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.
- I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you,...
- Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.
- There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.
More Quotes By Unknown
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
- It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
- Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.
- I would always rather be happy than dignified.
- He's more myself than I am. Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.