Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove. O no, it is an ever-fixed mark That looks on tempests and is never shaken; It is the star to every wand'ring bark, Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken."
About This Quote
Think of love as a star. The star shines so brightly it is impossible not to see it. But the star does not depend on you for its light. It shines, no matter what happens around it.
It is the same with love. Love does not change because of what is happening around it. It is always there, shining brighter than ever.
Source: Shakespeares Sonnets
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
More Quotes By William Shakespeare
- Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
- Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.
- This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man.
- The course of true love never did run smooth.
- O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father refuse thy name, thou art thyself thou not a montegue, what is montegue? tis nor hand nor foot nor any other part belonging to a man What is in a name? That which we call...