About This Quote
In the epic poem “The Iliad,” by Homer, the hero Achilles says: Battle for the sake of honor may be a fine thing for bards to sing of, but it is no way to preserve one's homeland. He means that fighting for honor and glory is fine, but not as a way of preserving one's country.
Source: Kushiels Chosen
Some Similar Quotes
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering.
- I can't set my hopes too high, ' Cause every hello ends with a goodbye.
- Laugh, even when you feel too sick or too worn out or tired. Smile, even when you're trying not to cry and the tears are blurring your vision. Sing, even when people stare at you and tell you your voice is crappy. Trust, even when...
- THE FOUR HEAVENLY FOUNTAINSLaugh, I tell you And you will turn back The hands of time. Smile, I tell you And you will reflect The face of the divine. Sing, I tell you And all the angels will sing with you! Cry, I tell you...