Dancing in all its forms cannot be excluded from the curriculum of all noble education; dancing with the feet, with ideas, with words, and, need I add that one must also be able to dance with the pen?
About This Quote
When you read this quote it is clear that the author is talking about the power of words. The author of this quote does not want to exclude dance from the curriculum of all noble education, but instead wants to include it. It is no wonder that he mentions dancing with the pen as well, because writing is also a form of dance.
Some Similar Quotes
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
- The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
- This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like...
- When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.
More Quotes By Friedrich Nietzsche
- It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.
- There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
- The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.
- One ought to hold on to one's heart; for if one lets it go, one soon loses control of the head too.
- Amor Fati — “Love Your Fate”, which is in fact your life.