To evade arrogance, remind yourself (from time to time) that your talent or success could have been better. To be thankful, remind yourself (every now and then) that your illness or failure could have been worse.
About This Quote
The world is full of arrogance. From those who think they are the best at everything, to those who believe they are the worst, there seems to be a lot of arrogance floating around. People feel that there is something wrong with them because they do not have what everyone else has. In this quote, the writer suggests two great ways to overcome arrogance.
The first is to remind yourself from time to time that your talent or success could have been better. This makes you feel a little bit better about yourself and inspires you to work harder so that next time you can produce a better result. The second way is to remind yourself from time to time that your illness or failure could have been worse.
This helps keep your ego in check and takes away any false pride you might have built up as a result of your previous success or failure.
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- I have seen the best of you, and the worst of you, and I choose both.
- But you don’t have to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.”“ You don’t have to assume the worst about everyone, either. The world isn’t always out to get you.
- I can arrogantly brag that the doors I choose in life open wide and grant me unobstructed passage. But the widest doors tend to lead to the worst places.
- And worse I may be yet: the worst is not So long as we can say 'This is the worst.
More Quotes By Mokokoma Mokhonoana
- To some believers, being on the pill or using a condom is a nonverbal way of telling God to go to hell.
- It goes without saying that even those of us who are going to hell will get eternal life–if that territory really exists outside religious books and the minds of believers, that is. Having said that, given the choice, instead of being grilled until hell freezes...
- Among other possibilities, money was invented to make it possible for a foolish man to control wise men; a weak man, strong men; a child, old men; an ignorant man, knowledgeable men; and for a dwarf to control giants.
- Being rich or famous is the only profound thing that some people have ever said.
- For a sane person to sincerely be happy that someone has succeeded, they have to either be profiting or likely to profit from that person’s success, or be that person.