There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance. We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections. If we cannot love ourselves, we cannot fully open to our ability to love others or our potential to create. Evolution and all hopes for a better world rest in the fearlessness and open-hearted vision of people who embrace life.John Lennon
About This Quote
Love and fear are two of the most powerful forces in the universe. Love and fear rule our lives and keep us moving forward. They make us who we are and who we could be. The challenge is learning to love ourselves first because, without that, we cannot learn to love others or embrace our potential to create.
To be human is to struggle with love and fear. Without those emotions, we would not be us.
Some Similar Quotes
- Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for...
- As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.
- I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you,...
- Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.
- There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.
More Quotes By John Lennon
- ~ Faith lightens the path your shadowed mind has to walk ~
- Hope is the heartbeat of the soul~
- You can never run from your past; it defines who you are today. But, use your Awo given intelligence and enjoy the future…because THAT only comes once.’ VAALBARA The Land of Shadows
- Your mind is the most powerful wonder. It can be your greatest enemy or your closest ally. There are no limits to what you can achieve if only you believe.
- I might not be physically strong. But I do believe that to survive, I need to be strong-willed. Which is more important in life?