About This Quote
The best defense is the one that works. It’s true that most of us wouldn’t survive without our hearts, but it’s also true that most of us aren’t very good at keeping our heads in check. We can see this in our interpersonal relationships. When we feel strongly about someone, we tend to act on it without thinking about the consequences; when we don’t feel strongly about someone, we tend to act on it with excessive caution. As Shakespeare says here, when you hold onto your heart, you will also hold onto your head—and that’s where things go wrong.
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
More Quotes By Friedrich Nietzsche
- It is not a lack of love, but a lack of friendship that makes unhappy marriages.
- There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.
- The man of knowledge must be able not only to love his enemies but also to hate his friends.
- One ought to hold on to one's heart; for if one lets it go, one soon loses control of the head too.
- Amor Fati — “Love Your Fate”, which is in fact your life.