About This Quote
Being able to reach far for something is an admirable quality, but it’s not always wise. When your reach exceeds your grasp, you’ll only end up falling short.
Source: Men And Women And Other Poems
Some Similar Quotes
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- Do people look the same when they go to heaven, mommy?"" I don't know. I don't think so."" Then how do people recognize each other?"" I don't know, sweetie. They just feel it. You don't need your eyes to love, right?
- I think Heaven will be like a first kiss.
- Earth's crammed with heaven... But only he who sees, takes off his shoes.
- Maybe there is no Heaven. Or maybe this is all pure gibberish–a product of the demented imagination of a lazy drunken hillbilly with a heart full of hate who has found a way to live out where the real winds blow–to sleep late, have fun,...
More Quotes By Robert Browning
- How sad and bad and mad it was - but then, how it was sweet
- Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heaven for?
- My sun sets to rise again.
- There is an inmost center in us all, where truth abides in fullness;....and, to know, rather consists in opening out a way where the imprisoned splendor may escape, then in effecting entry for a light supposed to be without.
- Love is the energy of life.