About This Quote
You get a little moody sometimes but I think that's because you like to read. People that like to read are always a little fucked up. But I think it's cool, I love reading too whenever I have time after working all day. You can't really read when you're working so this makes us both happy.
Source: The Prince Of Tides
Some Similar Quotes
- A half-read book is a half-finished love affair.
- The love of learning, the sequestered nooks, And all the sweet serenity of books
- It starts so young, and I'm angry about that. The garbage we're taught. About love, about what's "romantic." Look at so many of the so-called romantic figures in books and movies. Do we ever stop and think how many of them would cause serious and...
- I do not think I ever opened a book in my life which had not something to say upon woman's inconstancy. Songs and proverbs, all talk of woman's fickleness. But perhaps you will say, these were all written by men."" Perhaps I shall. Yes, yes,...
- Someone once wrote that a novel should deliver a series of small astonishments. I get the same thing spending an hour with you.
More Quotes By Pat Conroy
- I wanted to become the seeker, the aroused and passionate explorer, and it was better to go at it knowing nothing at all, always choosing the unmarked bottle, always choosing your own unproven method, armed with nothing but faith and a belief in astonishment.
- I’ve never had anyone’s approval, so I’ve learned to live without it.
- It did not look like the work of God, but it might have represented the handicraft of a God with a joyous sense of humor, a dancing God who loved mischief as much as prayer, and playfulness as much as mischief.
- The tide was a poem that only time could create, and I watched it stream and brim and makes its steady dash homeward, to the ocean.
- Happiness is an accident of nature, a beautiful and flawless aberration.