About This Quote
No one needs to teach you how to write. You can read it and feel it, and you’ll know what to do with it.
Source: On Writing
Some Similar Quotes
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
- The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
- This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like...
- When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.
More Quotes By Eudora Welty
- The excursion is the same when you go looking for your sorrow as when you go looking for your joy.
- Indeed, learning to write may be part of learning to read. For all I know, writing comes out of a superior devotion to reading.
- I didn't hit other people or hit purposefully, I just hit. Some object would be at fault. My anger was at myself, every time, all vanity. As an adolescent I was a slammer of drawers and a packer of suitcases. <span style="margin:15px; display:block"></span>I was responsible...
- It had been startling and disappointing to me to find out that story books had been written by people, that books were not natural wonders, coming up of themselves like grass. Yet regardless of where they come from, I cannot remember a time when I...
- Long before I wrote stories, I listened for stories. Listening for them is something more acute than listening to them. I suppose it’s an early form of participation in what goes on. Listening children know stories are there. When their elders sit and begin, children...