So be sure when you step, Step with care and great tact. And remember that life's A Great Balancing Act. And will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and Â¾ percent guaranteed) Kid, you'll move mountains.
About This Quote
This quote is commonly misattributed to Walt Disney, but it was originally written by the Honorable Ruth Pointer. The lines are meant to encourage young people to be careful, but they're also meant to inspire them with the feeling that they can succeed at anything they try. The idea is that life is full of difficult decisions, but they have rewards.
Source: Oh, The Places Youll Go!
Some Similar Quotes
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
- The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
- This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like...
- When I despair, I remember that all through history the way of truth and love have always won. There have been tyrants and murderers, and for a time, they can seem invincible, but in the end, they always fall. Think of it--always.
More Quotes By Dr. Seuss
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
- Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
- Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.
- They say I'm old-fashioned, and live in the past, but sometimes I think progress progresses too fast!