I had an enemy - myself. Getting rid of the ego-self, in came the Self. Now, here, there, everywhere is nothing else. Just One Self.
About This Quote
The ego is a powerful thing. It can be a source of great strength but, at the same time, it can be an enemy. We are often so caught up in our own problems that we fail to see the bright side of them. When we do learn to see the brighter side of things we find that we don’t even need anything to help us – we can do it all by ourselves.
Some Similar Quotes
- We have to allow ourselves to be loved by the people who really love us, the people who really matter. Too much of the time, we are blinded by our own pursuits of people to love us, people that don't even matter, while all that...
- I've been in love before, it's like a narcotic. At first it brings the euphoria of complete surrender. The next day you want more. You're not addicted yet, but you like the sensation, and you think you can still control things. <span style="margin:15px; display:block"></span>You think...
- Be the reason someone smiles. Be the reason someone feels loved and believes in the goodness in people.
- [H]iding how you really feel and trying to make everyone happy doesn't make you nice, it just makes you a liar.
- Do what you love, love what you do, and with all your heart give yourself to it.
More Quotes By Fakeer Ishavardas
- Little people make tall claims. As being this-that avatar or messiah. Some even say they're God. Well, if they are, I'm their grand-pop.
- I'm joking when I say I'm the grand-pop of those claiming to be an avatar-messiah or god. But if they're serious, then, I am who I am.
- Just like you silly bums, I have a personal sky god. I bow to him, as you do to your airy-fairy sod. He prefers I call him Mr. NOT.
- Science is good, is not God.
- Killing or eating animals is an act of beasts. Stirs within the devil. Sorry. It spurs evil. Thus is truth - at least the metaphysical.