But I’m not guilty, ” said K. “there’s been a mistake. How is it even possible for someone to be guilty? We’re all human beings here, one like the other.” “That is true” said the priest “but that is how the guilty speak
About This Quote
The words, â€œThat is true,â€ are spoken by the priest to K. . This means that he is telling K. that he simply cannot be guilty of the crime he is accused of. If someone walks into a court room and says, â€œThat is true,â€ they are telling the court they are innocent.
Source: The Trial
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like...
- When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.
- Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears." After all this time?"" Always, " said Snape.
More Quotes By Franz Kafka
- Love is a drama of contradictions.
- May I kiss you then? On this miserable paper? I might as well open the window and kiss the night air.
- Yours(now I'm even losing my name - it was getting shorter and shorter all the time and is now: Yours)
- The meaning of life is that it stops.
- L'Ã©ternitÃ©, c'est long ... surtout vers la fin.