About This Quote
In the quote, “thinking there is something better out there in the world, something worth more than you already have”, he is defining the idea that people have a tendency to look for a better life. He is saying that this behavior causes a lot of trouble and that you should not be looking for a better life because you will just end up disappointing yourself. He is saying that it is better to make your life work as it is and to try to make your life better.
Source: Before We Say Goodbye
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- If he can't handle you at your worst then he does not deserve you at your best. Real love means seeing beyond the words spoken out of pain, and instead seeing a person's soul.
- Maybe you expected marriage to be perfect - I guess that's where you and I are different. See, I thought it would be all about making mistakes, but doing it with someone who's there to remind you what you learned along the way.
- True friends will always push you towards the great possibilities of your future, false friends will always chain you to the mistakes in your past.
- I know I'm not going to be in your head all the time. But once you know me, I'll be forever in your heart.Â