About This Quote
When we stop doing what we enjoy doing, we stop getting the most out of life. We want to do things that make us happy and keep us sane. We tend to run away from the things we dislike and towards the things we like. When we stop doing what we like we miss out on the treasure of life that it represents and then we wonder why our lives don’t seem as enjoyable as they once were.
Some Similar Quotes
- It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
- Just when you think it can't get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can't get any better, it can.
- The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.
- Where there is love there is life.
- It hurts to let go. Sometimes it seems the harder you try to hold on to something or someone the more it wants to get away. You feel like some kind of criminal for having felt, for having wanted. For having wanted to be wanted....
More Quotes By Lao Tzu
- Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.
- LoveEmbracing Tao, you become embraced. Supple, breathing gently, you become reborn. Clearing your vision, you become clear. Nurturing your beloved, you become impartial. Opening your heart, you become accepted. Accepting the World, you embrace Tao.Bearing and nurturing, Creating but not owning, Giving without demanding, Controlling...
- We join spokes together in a wheel, but it is the center hole that makes the wagon move. We shape clay into a pot, but it is the emptiness insidethat holds whatever we want. We hammer wood for a house, but it is the inner...
- Because of a great love, one is courageous.
- Simplicity, patience, compassion. These three are your greatest treasures. Simple in actions and thoughts, you return to the source of being. Patient with both friends and enemies, you accord with the way things are. Compassionate toward yourself, you reconcile all beings in the world.