About This Quote
The time when a degree was expected but not much respected. This is a classic example of someone saying something that sounds like it should be funny but it's actually not. It's simply a reference to the era when there were no degrees and people who studied something would refer to themselves as PhDs (post-doctorates).
Source: Coinman: An Untold Conspiracy
Some Similar Quotes
- I do not think I ever opened a book in my life which had not something to say upon woman's inconstancy. Songs and proverbs, all talk of woman's fickleness. But perhaps you will say, these were all written by men."" Perhaps I shall. Yes, yes,...
- What it means to be human is to bring up your children in safety, educate them, keep them healthy, teach them how to care for themselves and others, allow them to develop in their own way among adults who are sane and responsibile, who know...
- The more I live, the more I learn. The more I learn, the more I realize, the less I know.
- Cinema is the ultimate pervert art. It doesn't give you what you desire - it tells you how to desire.
- Being vegan is easy. Are there social pressures that encourage you to continue to eat, wear, and use animal products? Of course there are. But in a patriarchal, racist, homophobic, and ableist society, there are social pressures to participate and engage in sexism, racism, homophobia,...
More Quotes By Pawan Mishra
- There are things in life that science will never be able to see. We have to rely on what has been passed from our ancestors, generation to generation.
- Availability of knowledge is only next to prevalence of stupidity in its overwhelming abundance.
- Knowledge that can make miracles happen needs to be guarded carefully. If it falls into the wrong hands, miracles become disasters in no time.
- ..he had also acquired a peculiar academic quirk. During exams, he knew all the answers but wasn’t able to successfully map his answers to the right questions. So as soon as an exam started, he simply started putting his answers in the order in which...
- It was a time when a degree was expected but not much respected.