A world full of "certainties"All the plans, all the vanities. Where black covers the white Suited in "confidence"- the constant fight. A million roads I dream to take One destination, knowing not I turn where. A green veil covers for two years, some two decades. But the "plan" awaits, new roads to make. I pant, I struggle, I do my best While they say, " You are, dear, but so inadequate".Sanhita Baruah
About This Quote
A world full of "certainties" is a world full of things, from which we know for sure that they will be the same forever. In other words, a world full of certainties means a world full of things that are not changing at all. But, Nelson Mandela is trying to say that even though the world looks like this, it does not have to be like this. He is saying that if we can look around and see the uncertainty in the world, then we can do something about it. We can start making plans for our futures, because they are not certainties.
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- I know I'm not going to be in your head all the time. But once you know me, I'll be forever in your heart.Â
- I can arrogantly brag that the doors I choose in life open wide and grant me unobstructed passage. But the widest doors tend to lead to the worst places.
- Best of stories are created at Airports, Dinner Tables and Showers!
- Some of the best things that have ever happened to us wouldn’t have happened to us, if it weren’t for some of the worst things that have ever happened to us.
More Quotes By Sanhita Baruah
- It is not as much about who you used to be, as it is about who you choose to be.
- You will never get everything in life but you will get enough.
- No one "deserves" success; it is either earned with hard work or lost to the hands of fate.
- A world full of "certainties"All the plans, all the vanities. Where black covers the white Suited in "confidence"- the constant fight. A million roads I dream to take One destination, knowing not I turn where. A green veil covers for two years, some two decades....
- But some relationships aren't meant to last. They are worthy only till the time the two persons involved have time for each other. They do not know eternity. They live for the present, the "now". And when distance plays it part, or life turns out...