About This Quote
This is a quote from a book by a famous author, who wrote most of the books we grew up with. It is an old saying, and most people believe that love has to be given for it to be received, or that love is something that just happens. However, this is not the truth. Love is something that you create yourself. You do not need anyone else to make you feel loved.
Source: The Alchemist
Some Similar Quotes
- Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for...
- As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.
- I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you,...
- Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.
- There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.
More Quotes By Paulo Coelho
- One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.
- When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.
- So, I love you because the entire universe conspired to help me find you.
- If pain must come, may it come quickly. Because I have a life to live, and I need to live it in the best way possible. If he has to make a choice, may he make it now. Then I will either wait for him...
- Love is an untamed force. When we try to control it, it destroys us. When we try to imprison it, it enslaves us. When we try to understand it, it leaves us feeling lost and confused.