There are Tantrics who deliberately seek to do more active forms of renunciation, so transgression of social norms and breaking of taboo, and breaking of social taboos especially, is a form of renunciation.
About This Quote
The power of Tantra is in these many forms of renunciation. Many Tantrics deliberately seek to do more active forms of renunciation, so transgression of social norms and breaking of taboo is a form of renunciation. When you go out and break the rules, it makes you feel good because this action is transgressive. On the other hand, when you are in a relationship with someone who breaks social norms all the time, they are transcending the normal norm. Also, when you are involved in an illicit relationship, it can be called a form of renunciation because it is against the norm.
Some Similar Quotes
- When we love, we always strive to become better than we are. When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.
- What's meant to be will always find a way
- It is good to love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is well done.
- The reason it hurts so much to separate is because our souls are connected. Maybe they always have been and will be. Maybe we've lived a thousand lives before this one and in each of them we've found each other. And maybe each time, we've...
- More smiling, less worrying. More compassion, less judgment. More blessed, less stressed. More love, less hate.
More Quotes By Zeena Schreck
- Zeena's first published sermon at 7 years old. From “The Cloven Hoof” periodical, 1970, San Francisco, CA, USA.:“The question, 'What is the difference between God and Satan?, ' was put to Zeena LaVey, seven-year-old daughter of the High Priest. Her answer was...' S A T...
- Only those few who are able to surpass their fear of death completely can fully experience the highest forms of life; not the mundane life of the mortal, but the godly life of the resurrected.
- Shapeshifting requires the ability to transcend your attachments, in particular your ego attachments to identity and who you are. If you can get over your attachment to labeling yourself and your cherishing of your identity, you can be virtually anybody. You can slip in and...
- The material world is all feminine. The feminine engergy makes the non-manifest, manifest. So even men (are of the feminine energy). We have to relinquish our ideas of gender in the conventional sense. <span style="margin:15px; display:block"></span>This has nothing to do with gender, it has to...
- There are Tantrics who deliberately seek to do more active forms of renunciation, so transgression of social norms and breaking of taboo, and breaking of social taboos especially, is a form of renunciation.