I had a dream about you. You were an escalator, and I was a flight of stairs. You thought I was a Luddite, and I thought I was as ostrich, because I hadn’t figured out how to put the fly in flight. One day you broke down, and then you saw that you and I weren’t so different after all.Dora J. Arod
About This Quote
The above quote was written by Neil Gaiman in the book Stardust. In this quote, he talks about his dream and how he and his best friend were different. Gaiman and his best friend had a dream that they would be able to fly like an ostrich. However, when Gaiman realized that he and his best friend were not as different as they thought, he worked hard to make the dream come true.
Source: I Had A Dream About You
Some Similar Quotes
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- A broken heart in real life isn't half as dreadful as it is in books. It's a good deal like a bad tooth, though you won't think THAT a very romantic simile. It takes spells of aching and gives you a sleepless night now and...
- Live the Life of Your Dreams: Be brave enough to live the life of your dreams according to your vision and purpose instead of the expectations and opinions of others.
- Surround Yourself with People Who Believe in Your Dreams:Surround yourself with people who believe in your dreams, encourage your ideas, support your ambitions, and bring out the best in you.
- The biggest wall you have to climb is the one you build in your mind: Never let your mind talk you out of your dreams, trick you into giving up. Never let your mind become the greatest obstacle to success. To get your mind on...
More Quotes By Dora J. Arod
- I had a dream about you last night... we tried to joke but neither could make any sense. We realized that puns are present in every language, though not shared by any of them.
- I had a dream about you last night... it was about a dreamer and a drifter walking into a bar. They start talking and swapping stories. No matter what the drifter says the dreamer always one-upped him. The drifter then woke up and realized he...
- I had a dream about you last night... and in it you said "Chin up; it only gets harder.
- I had a dream about you last night... in it, we wondered why dogs come in packs but you can't pack dogs.
- I had a dream about you last night... and found out that friends are a label we love to use, but usually it's just a nice word for "acquaintance.