I had a dream about you. You were an escalator, and I was a flight of stairs. You thought I was a Luddite, and I thought I was as ostrich, because I hadn’t figured out how to put the fly in flight. One day you broke down, and then you saw that you and I weren’t so different after all.Dora J. Arod
About This Quote
The above quote was written by Neil Gaiman in the book Stardust. In this quote, he talks about his dream and how he and his best friend were different. Gaiman and his best friend had a dream that they would be able to fly like an ostrich. However, when Gaiman realized that he and his best friend were not as different as they thought, he worked hard to make the dream come true.
Source: I Had A Dream About You
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like...
- When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.
- Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears." After all this time?"" Always, " said Snape.
More Quotes By Dora J. Arod
- I had a dream about you last night. The champagne was non-alcoholic. You didn't notice, and laughed at my jokes anyway.
- I had a dream about you last night. I could fly. I was going to use this power to impress you, but you were too heavy to carry, so I won you over with my personality instead
- I had a dream about you last night. The best day of my life was when I taught you how to juggle, but the best day of yours was when you taught someone else.
- I had a dream about you last night. We watched pornography together, but purely for the storyline.
- I didn't dream about you last night. I woke up in fear.