About This Quote
This quote is a reminder that sometimes we have to learn that love is not all it’s cracked up to be. When you feel as if your heart is broken, as if you have been betrayed by the one you love, this is a good time to remember that love is not always what it seems. Love is something that grows and sometimes weathers the storm. If you have been hurt, it may be time to take a step back and remember that there were probably several reasons why the relationship didn’t work out.
Source: In Memoriam
Some Similar Quotes
- Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for...
- As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.
- I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you,...
- Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.
- There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.
More Quotes By Alfred Tennyson
- If I had a flower for every time I thought of you... I could walk through my garden forever.
- Tis better to have loved and lost, Than never to have loved at all.
- I hold it true, whate'er befall; I feel it when I sorrow most;' Tis better to have loved and lost Than never to have loved at all.
- Half the night I waste in sighs, Half in dreams I sorrow after The delight of early skies; In a wakeful dose I sorrow For the hand, the lips, the eyes, For the meeting of the morrow, The delight of happy laughter, The delight of...
- Tears, idle tears, I know not what they mean, Tears from the depths of some devine despair Rise in the heart, and gather to the eyes, In looking on the happy autumn fields, And thinking of the days that are no more.