About This Quote
I write to understand as much as to be understood.
Some Similar Quotes
- This is what love does: It makes you want to rewrite the world. It makes you want to choose the characters, build the scenery, guide the plot. The person you love sits across from you, and you want to do everything in your power to...
- Some moments are nice, some arenicer, some are even worthwritingabout.
- Living with him is like being told a perpetual story: his mind is the biggest, most imaginative I have ever met. I could live in its growing countries forever.
- There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it.
- When you're missing a peice of yourself, aching, gut wrenching emptiness begins to take over. Until you find the link that completes your very soul, the feeling will never go away. Most people find a way to fill this void, material possessions, a string of...
More Quotes By Elie Wiesel
- The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference. The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference. The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference. And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
- Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing.
- If the only prayer you say throughout your life is "Thank You, " then that will be enough.
- Wherever men and women are persecuted because of their race, religion, or political views, that place must – at that moment – become the center of the universe.
- There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.