About This Quote
Mistakes are, after all, the foundations of truth, and if a man does not know what a thing is, it is at least an increase in knowledge if he knows what it is not. This quote was written by William James. It is known simply as “The Mistake” because it contains an important thought that focuses on mistakes.
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- If he can't handle you at your worst then he does not deserve you at your best. Real love means seeing beyond the words spoken out of pain, and instead seeing a person's soul.
- Maybe you expected marriage to be perfect - I guess that's where you and I are different. See, I thought it would be all about making mistakes, but doing it with someone who's there to remind you what you learned along the way.
- True friends will always push you towards the great possibilities of your future, false friends will always chain you to the mistakes in your past.
- I know I'm not going to be in your head all the time. But once you know me, I'll be forever in your heart.Â
More Quotes By C.g. Jung
- The acceptance of oneself is the essence of the whole moral problem and the epitome of a whole outlook on life. That I feed the hungry, that I forgive an insult, that I love my enemy in the name of Christ -- all these are...
- As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a light of meaning in the darkness of mere being.
- Mistakes are, after all, the foundations of truth, and if a man does not know what a thing is, it is at least an increase in knowledge if he knows what it is not.
- How can I be substantial if I do not cast a shadow? I must have a dark side also If I am to be whole
- Even a happy life cannot be without a measure of darkness, and the word happy would lose its meaning if it were not balanced by sadness.