About This Quote
This classic rhyme is said to have been written by Shakespeare. The last line of the poem, "Good night, good night" is an example of an oxymoron in that the words "good night" are being used when they are in fact referring to a situation in which you are saying goodbye.
Source: Romeo And Juliet
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
More Quotes By William Shakespeare
- Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
- Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.
- This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man.
- The course of true love never did run smooth.
- O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father refuse thy name, thou art thyself thou not a montegue, what is montegue? tis nor hand nor foot nor any other part belonging to a man What is in a name? That which we call...