About This Quote
A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment. This quote states that a woman's imagination is very rapid, and she is able to start on the road of romance so easily. She can jump from one thing to another without even thinking about it.
Source: Pride And Prejudice
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
More Quotes By Jane Austen
- There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.
- A lady's imagination is very rapid; it jumps from admiration to love, from love to matrimony in a moment.
- In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.
- The more I know of the world, the more I am convinced that I shall never see a man whom I can really love. I require so much!
- I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun.