About This Quote
If food is poetry, is not poetry also food? This quote essentially means that poetry is the same as food; both are expressions of our human experiences. Poetry is created by using words to describe our feelings and emotions. Food too has its own unique language used to describe the taste and flavor of our meal.
Some Similar Quotes
- I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you,...
- I love you as certain dark things are to be loved, in secret, between the shadow and the soul.
- We love the things we love for what they are.
- I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart) I am never without it (anywhereI go you go, my dear; and whatever is done by only me is your doing, my darling) I fear no fate (for you are my fate, my...
- Every heart sings a song, incomplete, until another heart whispers back. Those who wish to sing always find a song. At the touch of a lover, everyone becomes a poet.
More Quotes By Joyce Carol Oates
- The worst thing: to give yourself away in exchange for not enough love.
- In love there are two things - bodies and words.
- A daydreamer is prepared for most things.
- If you are a writer you locate yourself behind a wall of silence and no matter what you are doing, driving a car or walking or doing housework you can still be writing, because you have that space.
- And this is the forbidden truth, the unspeakable taboo - that evil is not always repellent but frequently attractive; that it has the power to make of us not simply victims, as nature and accident do, but active accomplices.