Did I live the spring I’d sought? It’s true in joy, I walked along, took part in dance, and sang the song.and never tried to bind an hourto my borrowed garden bower;nor did I once entreata day to slumber at my feet. Yet days aren’t lulled by lyric song, like morning birds they pass along, o’er crests of trees, to none belong;o’er crests of trees of drying dew, their larking flight, my hands, eschew Thus I’ll say it once and true… From all that I saw, and everywhere I wandered, I learned that time cannot be spent, It only can be squandered.Roman Payne
About This Quote
We all live in a limited time. When it comes to the time we have to live our lives, there are so many factors to consider. Many of us have to work or have other commitments that require our attention, but thatâ€™s not the only thing that determines how much time we have. Time is also limited because each of us has limited energy.
The time we spend on things that are important, however, is limited only by our own willingness to give it up. So, even if we could spend hours upon hours doing nothing, we wouldnâ€™t be able to do it because there simply isnâ€™t enough time. We can only spend our days as they come and try to make use of every minute.
Source: Rooftop Soliloquy
Some Similar Quotes
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.
- All that is important is this one moment in movement. Make the moment important, vital, and worth living. Do not let it slip away unnoticed and unused.
- Dance, when you're broken open. Dance, if you've torn the bandage off. Dance in the middle of the fighting. Dance in your blood. Dance when you're perfectly free.
- Somebody just gave me a shower radio. Thanks a lot. Do you really want music in the shower? I guess there's no better place to dance than a slick surface next to a glass door.
More Quotes By Roman Payne
- Cities were always like people, showing their varying personalities to the traveler. Depending on the city and on the traveler, there might begin a mutual love, or dislike, friendship, or enmity. Where one city will rise a certain individual to glory, it will destroy another...
- Mine was the twilight and the morning. Mine was a world of rooftops and love songs.
- It’s not that we have to quit this life one day, it’s how many things we have to quit all at once: holding hands, hotel rooms, music, the physics of falling leaves, vanilla and jasmine, poppies, smiling, anthills, the color of the sky, coffee and...
- It’s not that we have to quit this life one day, but it’s how many things we have to quit all at once: music, laughter, the physics of falling leaves, automobiles, holding hands, the scent of rain, the concept of subway trains... if only one...
- In life, more than in anything else, it isn’t easy to end up alive.