About This Quote
Growing up is losing some illusions in order to acquire others. This is an interesting quote because growing up doesn't have to be a negative thing. Growing up does mean you are leaving the security of childhood and entering the real world where things are not always perfect. However, this quote makes it seem like it is a negative experience when in actuality it is an exciting one.
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like...
- When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.
- Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears." After all this time?"" Always, " said Snape.
More Quotes By Virginia Woolf
- One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
- Love, the poet said, is woman's whole existence.
- Dearest, I feel certain that I am going mad again. I feel we can't go through another of those terrible times. And I shan't recover this time. I begin to hear voices, and I can't concentrate. <span style="margin:15px; display:block"></span>So I am doing what seems the...
- What does the brain matter compared with the heart?
- To love makes one solitary.