I walked over to the hill where we used to go and sled. There were a lot of little kids there. I watched them flying. Doing jumps and having races. And I thought that all those little kids are going to grow up someday. And all of those little kids are going to do the things that we do. And they will all kiss someone someday. But for now, sledding is enough. I think it would be great if sledding were always enough, but it isn't.Stephen Chbosky
About This Quote
The author writes about a time when she and her family were sledding. She talks about how many little children were there and how much fun they were having. The author talks about how it will be exciting to see those children grow up and to see them doing the same things that we do. However, the author points out that sledding is not always enough, and that she wishes that it would be.
Source: The Perks Of Being A Wallflower
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like...
- When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.
- Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears." After all this time?"" Always, " said Snape.
More Quotes By Stephen Chbosky
- We accept the love we think we deserve.
- I would die for you. But I won't live for you.
- What about when someone doesn't need a shoulder? What if they need the arms?
- I don't want to be somebody's crush. If somebody likes me, I want them to like the real me, not what they think I am.
- Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn't stop for anybody.