About This Quote
The Course of True Love Never Did Run Smooth is a popular saying that refers to the idea that relationships are not always easy and smooth. Relationships can be hard and bumpy, just like a roller coaster. The phrase is generally used in reference to relationships in which commitment is required for success.
Source: A Midsummer Nights Dream
Some Similar Quotes
- Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for...
- As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.
- I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you,...
- Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.
- There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.
More Quotes By William Shakespeare
- Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none.
- Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.
- This above all: to thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man.
- The course of true love never did run smooth.
- O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo? Deny thy father refuse thy name, thou art thyself thou not a montegue, what is montegue? tis nor hand nor foot nor any other part belonging to a man What is in a name? That which we call...