About This Quote
The sentence, “Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane,” is an example of a paradox. A paradox is a statement that seems true but is actually false. The sentence can be interpreted in two different ways. It can be taken literally, meaning that almost nobody dances sober. Or it can be seen as a metaphor, meaning that almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- This life is what you make it. No matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like...
- When someone loves you, the way they talk about you is different. You feel safe and comfortable.
- Dumbledore watched her fly away, and as her silvery glow faded he turned back to Snape, and his eyes were full of tears." After all this time?"" Always, " said Snape.
More Quotes By H.P. Lovecraft
- Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.
- I never ask a man what his business is, for it never interests me. What I ask him about are his thoughts and dreams.
- Contrary to what you may assume, I am not a pessimist but an indifferentist- that is, I don't make the mistake of thinking that the... cosmos... gives a damn one way or the other about the especial wants and ultimate welfare of mosquitoes, rats, lice,...
- All life is only a set of pictures in the brain, among which there is no difference betwixt those born of real things and those born of inward dreamings, and no cause to value the one above the other.
- We all know that any emotional bias -- irrespective of truth or falsity -- can be implanted by suggestion in the emotions of the young, hence the inherited traditions of an orthodox community are absolutely without evidential value.. If religion were true, its followers would...