When you consider things like the stars, our affairs don't seem to matter very much, do they?
About This Quote
It's easy to take our little problems and frustrations too seriously. It's also easy to forget that when we look up at the stars, or anywhere else in the universe, things that seem so important to us don't really matter much. In fact, if we spent the time and effort to understand all the things we don't understand, we'd probably be too exhausted to do anything. This saying reminds us of how we should not take ourselves and our worries too seriously and allow ourselves to get bogged down by them.
Some Similar Quotes
- It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.
- Just when you think it can't get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can't get any better, it can.
- The one you love and the one who loves you are never, ever the same person.
- Where there is love there is life.
- It hurts to let go. Sometimes it seems the harder you try to hold on to something or someone the more it wants to get away. You feel like some kind of criminal for having felt, for having wanted. For having wanted to be wanted....
More Quotes By Virginia Woolf
- One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.
- Love, the poet said, is woman's whole existence.
- Dearest, I feel certain that I am going mad again. I feel we can't go through another of those terrible times. And I shan't recover this time. I begin to hear voices, and I can't concentrate. <span style="margin:15px; display:block"></span>So I am doing what seems the...
- What does the brain matter compared with the heart?
- To love makes one solitary.