About This Quote
“The worst that can possibly have happened to him is death and that we are all in for---if not this morning, then in days, or weeks, or years at most.” -William Butler Yeats This quote is both comforting and scary. What Yeats is saying is that we can be assured that we will survive no matter what we go through. After all, he says we’re all in for something but we cannot be sure exactly what it will be. So, we should simply try to enjoy the time we do have and hope for the best.
Source: Stranger In A Strange Land
Some Similar Quotes
- Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.
- My dear, Find what you love and let it kill you. Let it drain you of your all. Let it cling onto your back and weigh you down into eventual nothingness. Let it kill you and let it devour your remains. For all things will...
- If you gave someone your heart and they died, did they take it with them? Did you spend the rest of forever with a hole inside you that couldn't be filled?
- Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect.
- Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone.
More Quotes By Robert A. Heinlein
- Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.
- Jealousy is a disease, love is a healthy condition. The immature mind often mistakes one for the other, or assumes that the greater the love, the greater the jealousy - in fact, they are almost incompatible; one emotion hardly leaves room for the other.
- May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
- Anybody can look at a pretty girl and see a pretty girl. An artist can look at a pretty girl and see the old woman she will become. A better artist can look at an old woman and see the pretty girl that she used...
- Some people insist that 'mediocre' is better than 'best.' They delight in clipping wings because they themselves can't fly. They despise brains because they have none.