He would work through the night and sleep until lunch. There wasn't really much else to do. Make something, and die.
About This Quote
In life, you have to work for the things you want. In order to succeed in life, you have to work hard. If you don't, you will never get what you want.
Some Similar Quotes
- Love never dies a natural death. It dies because we don't know how to replenish its source. It dies of blindness and errors and betrayals. It dies of illness and wounds; it dies of weariness, of witherings, of tarnishings.
- My dear, Find what you love and let it kill you. Let it drain you of your all. Let it cling onto your back and weigh you down into eventual nothingness. Let it kill you and let it devour your remains. For all things will...
- If you gave someone your heart and they died, did they take it with them? Did you spend the rest of forever with a hole inside you that couldn't be filled?
- Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect.
- Love is how you stay alive, even after you are gone.
More Quotes By Ian Mcewan
- When it's gone, you'll know what a gift love was. You'll suffer like this. So go back and fight to keep it.
- The anticipation and dread he felt at seeing her was also a kind of sensual pleasure, and surrounding it, like an embrace, was a general elation--it might hurt, it was horribly inconvenient, no good might come of it, but he had found out for himself...
- Finally he spoke the three simple words that no amount of bad art or bad faith can every quite cheapen. She repeated them, with exactly the same slight emphasis on the second word, as though she were the one to say them first. He had...
- The cost of oblivious daydreaming was always this moment of return, the realignment with what had been before and now seemed a little worse.
- This is how the entire course of a life can be changed: by doing nothing.