About This Quote
I sought to hear the voice of God and climbed the topmost steeple, but God declared: "Go down again - I dwell among the people" means that if you have faith in God, he will help you. When you try to reach for something, no matter how high it is, God will help you. He will respond to your faith.
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
More Quotes By John Henry Newman
- I sought to hear the voice of God and climbed the topmost steeple, but God declared: "Go down again - I dwell among the people.
- Good is never accomplished except at the cost of those who do it, truth never breaks through except through the sacrifice of those who spread it.
- I shall drink to the Pope, if you please, still, to conscience first, and to the Pope afterwards.
- If then a practical end must be assigned to a University course, I say it is that of training good members of society.. It is the education which gives a man a clear, conscious view of their own opinions and judgements, a truth in developing...
- A university training is the great ordinary means to a great but ordinary end; it aims at raising the intellectual tone of society… It is the education which gives a man a clear conscious view of his own opinions and judgments, a truth in developing...