When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed.Fred Rogers
About This Quote
This quote is about the power of true love and what it means to be a person who believes that the world is a better place with peace, love, and justice. This is about people who show that they care for things that are not material and not apparent. The world can survive without those things but we cannot live without them. Those three simple things, when put together, make the world a wonderful place.
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
More Quotes By Fred Rogers
- When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without...
- Part of the problem with the word 'disabilities' is that it immediately suggests an inability to see or hear or walk or do other things that many of us take for granted. But what of people who can't feel? Or talk about their feelings? Or...
- We need to help people to discover the true meaning of love. Love is generally confused with dependence. Those of us who have grown in true love know that we can love only in proportion to our capacity for independence.
- The connections we make in the course of a life--maybe that's what heaven is.
- Anything that’s human is mentionable, and anything that is mentionable can be more manageable. When we can talk about our feelings, they become less overwhelming, less upsetting, and less scary. The people we trust with that important talk can help us know that we are...