About This Quote
Maybe 'Okay' will be our 'always'... Being okay is a very important part of being a good partner. Being okay means being able to completely trust your partner and accept them completely. It means accepting all of their faults and loving them for who they are.
It means having a great sense of humor and being able to laugh at yourself. It means accepting that your partner may not always be happy with you or that you may not always do things right, but it's important to not hold on to this anger. If you hold on to it you'll only make your partner feel uncomfortable and unhappy.
It's important to be okay with all of these things - with ‘Okay’, as well as the ‘alwayss’ – because if your partner can’t be okay with you, then they will eventually leave you.
Source: The Fault In Our Stars
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth.
- You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.
- A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you.
- Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.
More Quotes By John Green
- As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.
- I'm in love with you, " he said quietly." Augustus, " I said." I am, " he said. He was staring at me, and I could see the corners of his eyes crinkling. "I'm in love with you, and I'm not in the business of...
- Some people don't understand the promises they're making when they make them, " I said." Right, of course. But you keep the promise anyway. That's what love is. Love is keeping the promise anyway.
- NO. No no no. I don't want to screw you. I just love you. <span style="margin:15px; display:block"></span>When did who you want to screw become the whole game? Since when is the person you want to screw the only person you get to love? It's so...
- I'll fight it. I'll fight it for you. Don't you worry about me, Hazel Grace. I'm okay. I'll find a way to hang around and annoy you for a long time.