About This Quote
When you are in the depths of despair, keep your heart light. Don’t get discouraged or let your spirits get down. Expect the worst because this is where hope comes from. Even though there will be times when you can’t see how things might change for the better, you must never give up hope. You have to be positive, optimistic and always have a dream because that is what keeps you going.
Some Similar Quotes
- I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- I have seen the best of you, and the worst of you, and I choose both.
- But you don’t have to give everyone the benefit of the doubt.”“ You don’t have to assume the worst about everyone, either. The world isn’t always out to get you.
- I can arrogantly brag that the doors I choose in life open wide and grant me unobstructed passage. But the widest doors tend to lead to the worst places.
- And worse I may be yet: the worst is not So long as we can say 'This is the worst.
More Quotes By Joyce Carol Oates
- The worst thing: to give yourself away in exchange for not enough love.
- In love there are two things - bodies and words.
- A daydreamer is prepared for most things.
- If you are a writer you locate yourself behind a wall of silence and no matter what you are doing, driving a car or walking or doing housework you can still be writing, because you have that space.
- And this is the forbidden truth, the unspeakable taboo - that evil is not always repellent but frequently attractive; that it has the power to make of us not simply victims, as nature and accident do, but active accomplices.