We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness–and call it love–true love.
About This Quote
Weirdness is the key to love. Weirdness is the key to happiness. We all know that we need love in our life and we all know that we need happiness in our life. A person with whom we can share this mutual weirdness and who also shares in our weirdness and who also falls in love with us and who also adds to our weirdness and who also shares in our happiness and who also falls in love with us goes beyond the usual definition of love.
You must have noticed that when you are with your partner, you feel happy, relaxed and at peace. But when you are with someone else, you feel very sad, tense and stressed out. This is because you are not completely comfortable with them around.
Your body language is different from theirs, your tone of voice is different from theirs, your responses are laced with tension, fear or anger rather than affection or happiness.
Source: True Love
Some Similar Quotes
- Only once in your life, I truly believe, you find someone who can completely turn your world around. You tell them things that you’ve never shared with another soul and they absorb everything you say and actually want to hear more. You share hopes for...
- As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.
- I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you,...
- Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up.
- There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.
More Quotes By Robert Fulghum
- We’re all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness–and call it love–true love.
- We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness – and call it love – true love.
- I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge. That myth is more potent than history. That dreams are more powerful than facts. That hope always triumphs over experience. That laughter is the only cure for grief. And I believe that love is stronger than death.
- Above all, if what you've done is stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
- If you tell people you talk to God, they'll think you're religious, but if you say God talks to you, it's ten to one they'll think you're crazy.