About This Quote
When you think of the things that you would want to record in your biography, one of the first things that comes to mind is happiness. However, there are so many other things that contribute to a person’s happiness. Pain is a real part of life and it is often difficult to feel any pleasure in a situation when there is pain involved. The greatest gift in life is the gift of not having to experience pain.
Source: We Were The Mulvaneys
Some Similar Quotes
- Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.
- Happiness [is] only real when shared
- Part of the problem with the word 'disabilities' is that it immediately suggests an inability to see or hear or walk or do other things that many of us take for granted. But what of people who can't feel? Or talk about their feelings? Or...
- Top 15 Things Money Can’t BuyTime. Happiness. Inner Peace. Integrity. Love. Character. Manners. Health. Respect. Morals. Trust. Patience. Class. Common sense. Dignity.
- Even if you cannot change all the people around you, you can change the people you choose to be around. Life is too short to waste your time on people who don’t respect, appreciate, and value you. Spend your life with people who make you...
More Quotes By Joyce Carol Oates
- The worst thing: to give yourself away in exchange for not enough love.
- In love there are two things - bodies and words.
- A daydreamer is prepared for most things.
- If you are a writer you locate yourself behind a wall of silence and no matter what you are doing, driving a car or walking or doing housework you can still be writing, because you have that space.
- And this is the forbidden truth, the unspeakable taboo - that evil is not always repellent but frequently attractive; that it has the power to make of us not simply victims, as nature and accident do, but active accomplices.