Success and the pursuit of it can nourish your body, but only significance has the ability to nourish your mind, body and spirit.
About This Quote
The pursuit of success can help you get what you want in life, but it is not the kind of success that will give you meaning. That’s because significance changes the way people think about themselves. Success gives you credentials, but significance gives you purpose.
Source: The Best Chance: A Guide To Discovering Your Purpose, Reaching Your Potential, Experiencing Fulfilment And Achieving Success In Any Area Of Life
Some Similar Quotes
- We have to allow ourselves to be loved by the people who really love us, the people who really matter. Too much of the time, we are blinded by our own pursuits of people to love us, people that don't even matter, while all that...
- More smiling, less worrying. More compassion, less judgment. More blessed, less stressed. More love, less hate.
- Be the reason someone smiles. Be the reason someone feels loved and believes in the goodness in people.
- They say a good love is one that sits you down, gives you a drink of water, and pats you on top of the head. But I say a good love is one that casts you into the wind, sets you ablaze, makes you burn...
- Top 15 Things Money Can’t BuyTime. Happiness. Inner Peace. Integrity. Love. Character. Manners. Health. Respect. Morals. Trust. Patience. Class. Common sense. Dignity.
More Quotes By Mensah Oteh
- To have extreme, laser-like focus, you must be willing to reject a lot of opportunities, even if they sound great.
- Circumstances, events or situations do not have inherent meanings except what you give them
- Time is the first currency for success and one we all hold in common.
- You receive the gift of time freely and equally every day, beautifully wrapped in twenty-four new hours to invest in whatever you want, and how you use each hour decides your success or the lack of it
- Find something about yourself to laugh about every day.